Well, I made it through my first Whole30 day, and it wasn't turrible.
I made this really awesome eggbake thingy last night that I'm going to have for breakfast all week, and honestly, it was hard to not eat all of it when I took it out of the oven. Delish! I used EVOO instead of coconut oil, but now I have coconut oil so I'm gonna use the CRAP out of it. It tastes like heaven, and it made my chicken taste like chicken heaven tonight. I actually made acorn squash, too - I'm like, making shit now. I would take pictures of it and throw it up on Instagram, but I'm not quite to that level of dedication towards mah food. Also, I start eating it before I can take a picture, sooo...#screwit.
The major thing that threw me today, besides the fact that it was the first day back from break and *everything* sucked, is that I got really hungry, and that I couldn't go get candy from our school secretary, or go to the vending machine. Or eat the Altoids in my desk. MUST. PACK. SNACKS. TOMORROW. I've got almonds with no anything on them (surprisingly tasty, even if a bit boring), and I got those carrots on lock, y'all - I have to remember to eat during 4th period, or else I shall cheat. I had a delicious spinach salad with HOMEMADE raspberry vinaigrette (huzzah!). Also, I chugged water like a champ today, but that's something I always do, so yay me, my pee is clear. :)
I'm looking forward to making some sweet potato + avacado stuff tomorrow night, and I hope that by next week, I'll be more willing to try more recipes, but I'm really not good in the kitchen - an intimidating factor for this particular non-diet. I actually have to get my ass off the couch and do something more than microwave a hot pocket and eat chips and salsa. Dammit, now I want that hot pocket. I can't wait till my cravings for processed foods leave this place and go back from whence they came! Foul wretches! Seriously, I do look forward to the day when I really do want to eat good, natural food more often than not. I CAN DO IT.
It's 11pm, but I still have to do Yoga - something that I laid out in my goals for the month. I'm a HUGE fan of Sadie Nardini and Yoga With Adriene, so I'm just gonna do my lil' videos all by myself in my room where no one can see me and no one can judge me on my form or the fact that I fluff almost constantly the entire time I Yoga. Adriene has a 30 day challenge, and I figure, hey - this could be fun. And Sadie has this thing called HITT Yoga, and it burns like a bitch, it's hard, it's sweaty, and it's only like 12 minutes. That's my kind of workout.
I'm going to try REALLY hard not to weigh myself tomorrow morning, but it's a habit, and it's incredibly hard to break. We shall see.
Word to your moms.
No comments:
Post a Comment