I wonder if I'm the only person that finds life after Whole 30 to be kinda shitty. I'd like to preface this by saying that I didn't exactly do the whole reintroduction thing the right way - it's really hard to plan for stuff like that when I can't plan ahead *at all.* Thanks, basketball tournaments! But I have definitely noticed that there are two food groups that just make me feel wretched: Dairy and Wheat...well, gluten, I suppose, but damnit. I don't want to have issues with wheat! It's delicious! It's in everything I love, and it quite literally hurts when I eat it. I've had a sneaking suspicion the last year or so that something wasn't clicking, and while dairy and I haven't gotten along for awhile now, it just sucks to know that drinking a beer and having pasta are things that I'm going to have to plan for now.
Pity, party of one?
Also, on the last day of my Whole45, I weighed in at a holy-crap-balls 152 pounds. Yeah, I weighed 150 for a few days, and it was GLORIOUS, but twas a dream that quickly unraveled. Anyway, that means I officially lost 8 pounds in 45 days, and I've already gained back 4 of them in about 3 weeks. Granted, I've been eating shit lately, but I hate to say that I think I just have a weird body. It doesn't want to be smaller than it is. It enjoys being puffy and bloated and laughing at me when I think that my weight loss efforts are going to stick. I mentioned earlier that even though I loved the process of eating whole foods and feeling awesome, my number one reason for going on the Whole30 adventure was weight loss....aaaand, what do you know? As soon as I stopped doing it, the weight came right back. So I treated it like a diet, really - which is exactly what you are NOT supposed to do. I weighed myself everyday - which is exactly what you are NOT supposed to do. I never really defeated the sugar dragon, and that just freaking sucks because I have a sweet tooth that shall never subside. EVAR. Also, the main issue I have with keeping up with the Whole30 and Whole9 practices is that
I'M FUCKING POOR.
Oh, $60 a week for groceries isn't in your budget, either? Shocking! I truly can't decide if the pros outweigh the cons right meow. I also can't figure out how this lifestyle is sustainable for real people. The cost, the time, the not being able to enjoy myself as my peers drink a beer and I sip...water. Oh, yummy! Life fulfillment right here!
I really hate that my enthusiasm has weaned so much, but I feel a bit disillusioned right now, and it bugs me that I have neither the means nor the desire to continue to eat whole foods. I mean, obviously I won't be busting out the bread and cheese, but for I just don't see the overall benefit of eating no-added-anything if the moment I do, my body's like, "Yeah, that's more like it - here's 4 pounds and an entire weekend of explosive diarrhea. Oh, by the way, those 4 pounds aren't coming off. Not a water weight thing. Here to stay. Enjoy, bitch!"
What I would really enjoy is having enough money to have a nutritionist, personal chef, and a trainer. Oh well.
Signed,
Fooding is hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment